The Giving Dashboard allows you to see information about giving trends and recent donations at a glance. Use the dashboard to view donations, new donors, and labels or funds used all in the date range you select at the top.
The goal of the dashboard is to show the amount of successful donations collected on a given day, week, month, or year. If someone gave a $5k donation back in February, the donation would be added to the dashboard, boosting the total up by $5k. However, if that check ended up bouncing in March (or the bank rejected it, or the donation was refunded) you'd see February's total drop by $5k.
- This date range limits the data you're looking at to a specific period in time. The whole dashboard changes once a different date is selected.
- Generate a CSV or PDF containing every donation within the date range.
- View the grand total of donations received during the date range.
- Set the interval of time you'd like to view donation data on the chart.
- View the total number of unique donors who gave during the selected date range broken down into donors who gave for the very first time and donors who had a recurring donation processed.
- View the number of donations during the selected date range broken down into payment methods and sources.
- Set the view you'd like to see: how much money was given, the number of donations given, or the average given through each method or source.
Donations are shown as soon as they're processed:
- Credit and debit card donations are always processed as soon as the donor gives.
- ACH bank transfers are processed when the ACH payment is initiated, even if it hasn't completed its lifecycle.
- Cash donations are processed when they are added to the batch even if the batch hasn't been committed yet.
- Checks are processed when they are added to the batch even if the batch hasn't been committed yet, regardless of the date on the check itself.
The bottom half of the page shows labels and funds used during the selected time period.
- View the number of times a label was used as well as the total of those donations. These numbers are independent of the other labels since each donation could have many labels attached to it.
- View the funds which received donations during the time period. Funds that did not receive donations during this time period won't appear here.
If you only use the General fund, the fund section will not show on your Dashboard.
Most of the basic information you need is delivered right on the dashboard, but if you need a more specific subset of numbers, use the filter from the Donations tab.