Donors can set up automatic recurring donations that occur at a set frequency. Administrators can also set up or edit a recurring donation on a donor's behalf.
Set up Recurring Donations
When a donor gives from your church's giving site or the Church Center app, they have the option to set up a recurring donation.
For Admin only funds:
- New recurring donations can be set up by Administrators, but since donors can't see these funds, donors can't donate to them from donor interface.
- If a recurring donation is set up and the selected fund's visibility is changed to Admin Only, those donations will continue to be processed based on their scheduled frequency.
Edit Recurring Donations
An Admin can edit the recurring donation by selecting it from Recurring tab on a person's profile.
When the recurring donation is updated, the donor will receive an email informing them of the change.
Recurring Donation Failures
A recurring donation may fail for a number of reasons, such as:
- The account has insufficient funds.
- The card is invalid.
- The payment method was removed.
- The donor's own bank rejects the transaction.
Whatever the reason for the failure, the donor will be notified if there was a problem.
The system will not automatically retry the donation for the date it failed. It will, however, attempt the same donation on the next scheduled date.
After receiving a failure message, the donor can click the link in the failure message to log in to their profile and do any of the following:
- Fix the issue (which usually means updating the payment method).
- Put the donation on hold.
- Delete the recurring donation.
If a donor fixes the issue and they'd like to recover a failed donation, they can create a one-time donation for that month.