If your church is using Planning Center Giving to process donations, you can donate from your computer or web browser using your church's giving site. You can also give from your phone using the Church Center mobile app or Text-to-Give if your church has these features enabled!
Check out this video for an overview of the online giving process, and then read the rest of the article for more information.
Making a Donation
If you are giving from your church's donation form, you can donate without first logging in. If you give via the mobile app, you'll need to log in to Church Center before giving.
To log in to the Church Center app:
- If you've logged in to your church before, you can log in from the first screen.
- If you haven't previously logged in, find your church by searching your location or entering your postal code.
To log in to Church Center:
- Enter your mobile number or email, and then tap Next.
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone or email.
You're now logged in to the Church Center app! You can either start giving or access your profile to update your giving information.
- Tap your photo to access your profile.
- Tap the Give button to donate to your church.
In your profile, you can update your donor information and preferences.
- Tap your photo to update your contact information.
- Tap My Giving to view your donation history and statements, set your email and receipt preferences, and update recurring donations.
- Add or update your payment methods.
Some of the steps shown below will look a bit different in mobile app, but the basic process is the same.
1. Enter Donation Information
On your church's donation form, you can give a one-time gift or set up a recurring donation.
Add the donation amount and choose the fund you want to give to. If you want to split your donation between two or more funds, click Add donation to chose another fund.
If you decide to give regularly, choose the frequency of the donation and the date that the recurring donation starts.
You can log in to your donor profile at any time to update your recurring donation frequency.
Click Continue to choose your payment method.
2. Choose your Payment Method
After entering your donation information, you can choose to log in to access payment methods you've saved in the past, or to add a new bank account or debit/credit card for your donation. If you're using Safari on Mac or iOS (and your church has enabled this feature), you will also have the option to donate using Apple Pay.
When you give with a bank account, the processing fees are lower than when you give with a credit card. However, the funds will take longer to get to your church (3-5 business days).
Giving with a bank account (EFT) is not currently supported for Canada.
US donors can verify and save their bank account to use when donating.
When giving with a bank account for the first time:
- You will have to verify that you own the bank account.
- Your account is saved to your donor profile so that you won't have to verify account ownership every time you give.
Click Verify your account.
Search for your bank:
- If your bank appears in the search results, and click on the bank name and log in with your bank credentials to instantly verify your bank.
- If your bank doesn't come up in the search, follow the instructions to verify your account using micro-deposits.
With micro-deposit verification, the bank deposits a couple of small amounts into your account. Depending on the type of micro-deposit verification, you might need to manually verify your account in the same day you initiate the verification. You will need log in to verify each of the amounts deposited to your bank to complete the verification.
Once your bank account is verified, you can donate using that payment method.
Instant verification will allow you to donate that same day. However, micro-deposit verification might take a few days to complete, so you will need to complete your donation after you've finished that verification process.
You can give using most major debit/credit cards, though your church has the option to disable credit card giving. If credit cards are disabled, you can still give using a debit or pre-paid card.
While all major credit cards are supported for Canadian organizations, only a limited number of debit cards will work. Visa Debit is supported, but Interac ATM cards or any card without a 3 or 4 digit CVC code will not.
- Enter your card number, expiration date, and CVC code.
- If you plan on using this card in the future, check the box to save your card to your donor profile. You will then have your card information saved for future donations.
- Check the box if you want to cover the processing fee for the donation. This option will only appear if your church has enabled this feature. Cover-the-Fee is a US-only feature, so it is not available in Canada.
- Click Give to submit your donation.
If your church has Apple Pay enabled, you can use Apple devices (Safari on iPhones, iPads, and Mac) to donate using your credit or debit card without having to enter the full details of your card.
If Apple Pay is available, it will appear at the bottom of your donation form, as shown in this example:
Access Your Donor Profile
Church Center automatically creates a donor profile for you after you donate to your church the first time.
You can log in to your donor profile to update payment methods or recurring payments, view your donation history, access tax statements, and set communication preferences.
To log in, you will enter your email address/phone number and a single-use verification code will be sent to you. You don't need a password.
From your church's donation form, click the dropdown in the top right corner and select Log in.
To access your profile:
- Enter your phone or email address and click Next.
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone or email.
You're now logged in to your profile!
From your profile, you can:
Donation Receipts and Statements
By default, each time you donate (online or in-person), you will receive an emailed receipt. As an online donor, you will likely receive tax statements to your email address as well.
If you'd like to disable donation receipts, or adjust which email address you receive receipts and statements, you can choose from the Notifications options on your profile:
You can also access your donor history and statements at any time from your donor profile.
Donation history will include all the donations you've given in the year you have selected. Tax statements will only be available if they've been generated by your church's administrator.