You can contact donors from the donor list in Giving or through a People list.
The quickest and most direct way to send your donors an email is through the donor list.
Go to the Donor Reports page, and set up filters for the list of people that you want to email.
- Select the date range, and then filter by label or fund.
- Click the Email Donors button.
Fill out the email subject and body, and then click Send Email.
You can view the donor's communication history and email preferences from their profile.
Lists in People App
If you have access to the People app, you can use the powerful lists feature to generate a list of donors from any number of criteria across any date range. You can even combine multiple filters and blend them with filters from other Planning Center applications.
If this is the first time you will create a list in People, see the Use Lists to Find Groups of People article for detailed instructions.
1. Switch to the People app
2. Create your list
On the People Lists page, click New List, and then set up filters to create a list of people that you want to email.
3. Contact the donors in the list
Once your list has been submitted, the list will be populated with all the matching results.
Click the envelope icon, and then compose the email to send to the list.
Bulk emailing uses an integration with MailChimp.
If a donor mentions they didn't receive an email, try these things:
- Check the People app to make sure their email address isn't blocked.
- Ask the donor to tell their email provider to stop blocking Planning Center emails by adding firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to their address book or by whitelisting the email address.
If neither of these help, contact support by clicking the ? in the top right corner of the app.