A donor's profile contains contact information for the person, along with their payment methods, past donations, and history of communications within Giving.
Access a Profile
Find a donor profile from the People page by searching a name, phone number, or donor number from the Donors tab. If the person does not come up in the search, you can add them as a new person.
To learn how profiles are added, merged, and removed from your database, check out the Managing Donors article.
- Click Edit next to person's name to update their profile information, including picture, email, phone number, and address.
- Add a note to the person's profile for other administrators to view, or view the person's Stripe profile.
- Join the donor with another donor so that you can see their combined donation history and generate joint statements.
- The primary tabs on the donor profile are:
- Donations: This tab shows the donor's entire donation history. At the right of the tab, there's a New Donation button, which you can use to process a manual donation for a donor with a saved payment method.
- Pledges: If your church has a pledge campaign, you can add a pledge for the donor and view their active pledges. If your church doesn't have a pledge campaign, this tab will be hidden.
- Recurring: This tab shows recurring donations that the donor has set up.
- Pay Methods: If the donor has opted to save a card or bank account to their profile, or if they've set up recurring donations, their payment methods will show here.
- Communication: This tab includes all emails sent to the donor via the Giving system.
A note will show on a donor's profile if they are inactive.
The donations section of a donor's profile shows an itemized list of donations including:
- Successful donations. These donations are considered complete and the transaction has settled.
- ACH donations that are still in-transit. These donations are marked yellow.
- Uncommitted cash/check donations. These donations are sitting in uncommitted batches, and are still being counted. These donations are marked yellow.
- Refunded and failed donations. These donations either experienced some sort of problem during processing or have been refunded by your church. These donations have an eraser next to them and the donation amount is crossed out.
If the donation is marked yellow or crossed out, it won't appear in any donor statements. Only successful, completed donations are listed in donor statements.