A donor's profile contains contact information for the person, along with their payment methods, past donations, and history of communications within Giving.
Check out the video below, and then read the rest of the article to learn about donor profiles.
Access a Profile
Find a donor profile from the People page by searching a name, phone number, or donor number from the Donors tab. If the person does not come up in the search, you can add them as a new person.
To learn how profiles are added, merged, and removed from your database, check out the Managing Donors article.
- Click to update the profile photo.
- Click the Actions menu next to person's name to update their contact information, view their information in Stripe (if available), add a donor note for other Admins to view, or delete their profile.
- Join the donor with another donor so that you can see their combined donation history and generate joint statements.
- The primary tabs on the donor profile are:
- Donations: This tab shows the donor's entire donation history. At the right of the tab, there's a New Donation button, which you can use to process a manual donation for a donor with a saved payment method.
- Pledges: If your church has a pledge campaign, you can add a pledge for the donor and view their active pledges. If your church doesn't have a pledge campaign, this tab will be hidden.
- Recurring: This tab shows recurring donations that the donor has set up.
- Pay Methods: If the donor has opted to save a card or bank account to their profile, or if they've set up recurring donations, their payment methods will show here.
- Communication: This tab includes all emails sent to the donor via the Giving system.
A note will show on a donor's profile if they are inactive.
The donations section of a donor's profile shows an itemized list of donations. You can hover over the colors to the left of the donation date to view status details. Possible colors include:
- Yellow: The donation is pending, in-transit., or uncommitted batches.
- Red: The donation was refunded, disputed, or failed.
- Blue: The donation was edited or adjusted.
Successful donations don't have a color tag to the left of the date.
If the donation is marked yellow or crossed out, it won't appear in any donor statements. Only successful, completed donations are listed in donor statements.