Welcome to Giving! Now that you've completed the Giving setup, this article will help get you prepared to receive donations and learn more about Giving.
The first person who sets up a Giving account has Administrator permissions and can access all areas of Giving. See the Permissions article to find information about additional roles.
For an introduction to the main concepts in Giving and what you can do as an Admin, see the Introduction for Administrators article.
Prepare Giving to Receive Donations
Learn About Giving
We suggest taking time to watch this video to familiarize yourself with the features of Giving. It's approximately 40 minutes long, but it also has chapters for you to jump around easily.
If you don't have time to watch a video, you can learn about important features in Giving by referencing these articles:
- Giving Overview: Get to know the purpose and key concepts of Giving.
- Giving Online: Learn more about the online giving experience and find shareable videos.
- Processing Donations with Stripe: Learn about how Stripe works with you and Giving to process donations.
- Giving and Bookkeeping: Get some tips on how to use Giving alongside your general ledger/bookkeeping software.
- Supported Payment Methods: Find out how Giving is designed to handle online donations, physical donations, and donations from other systems.
If you need any help as you're getting started in Giving, we're here to help you! Use the ? at the top right of every page our app to find help articles or open a ticket with our support team.
When emailing the support team, be sure to include specifics about what you're working with. This might include the email address of the donor or the date of the payout or batch you're viewing.