Our apps are used by tens of thousands of churches around the world, so if you are a donor at your church with a question specific to your church, you might need to contact the church offices directly. However, if you're an Administrator, Planning Center University videos and the Slack Community give lots of great feedback!
Planning Center University
We held an all-day training event at our Carlsbad Offices to help teams get up to speed with the full suite of Planning Center apps. Since not everyone can travel to see us, we recorded the class! We keep the content updated, and you can also watch the recordings at any time. This information is available to anyone who uses Planning Center!
If you need more help outside of just Giving, view all the videos from the last session!
The Planning Center Community on Slack is a great way for churches to share advice and connect with each other using chat. These are just some of the ways people are engaging in Slack:
- Share Planning Center best practices and pro tips
- Post pictures or plans of your church layout (for Check-Ins or Services)
- Ask questions about how other folks are using our features
- Offer your own productivity tips
- Link to any relevant articles you've enjoyed about productivity, workflows, etc.
If you have a part in implementing any Planning Center app at your church, sign up and join the conversation!
Resetting Your Account
When you've decided Giving is a good fit for your church, you may want to reset all the data in your Giving account. Apart from the system logs, this option will effectively purge all the Giving data. An account reset will only keep the default fund but not the donations given to it, Administrators, and your settings.
To reset your account:
- Refund any credit card or ACH donations you might have completed as you tested things out. Also, check for pending ACH donations as well and wait for those to be completed in order to refund them.
- Remove unwanted admins.
- Email email@example.com and let us know you'd like to reset your Giving account. If you're a Giving Admin but not an Organizational Admin, we'll ask for their permission as well.
- Delete any profiles created in the course of adding test donations.
Steps 1, 2, and 4 help keep your database clean, but they're ultimately optional. Once you email us, we'll send you and the other Giving Admins an email, alerting you that in 24 hours, the account will be wiped and reset.
You can also reset your Stripe account if necessary. We highly recommend against disconnecting your Stripe account.