For Giving, you'll be responsible for both the cost of your Planning Center Giving subscription and Stripe's per-transaction processing fees for online donations.
Giving supports all donations given in US or Canadian dollars; however, for US churches, the payment processor for Giving donations (Stripe), only supports US accounts in the main 50 states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico.
Subscribe to Giving
Subscribe to the product or change your current plan on the Subscriptions Page. Choose the pricing package that best fits your organization. There are no contracts or setup fees, and Giving can be used for 30 days without charge.
Here are some tips for choosing which package level is best for your church:
- Typically, about 17% of churchgoers donate. So, to get your average number of monthly donations, multiply [your weekly attendance] x .17 x 4.3 (average weeks in a month). For example, a congregation of 1000 would receive approximately 731 donations a month (1000 x .17 x 4.3 = 731).
- Any donation counts as one donation, no matter which payment source is used. For example, if you process 500 physical donations, it's the same price as processing 200 physical donations + 300 online donations.
If you sign up for a 30-day trial and later decide that Giving isn't right for you, it's easy to refund the donations given during your trial.
Once you're finished with your trial, you will be billed according to the frequency on the Billing Page. You can upgrade, downgrade, or cancel your subscription at any time, and the change will be reflected on the next invoice.
We never prevent people from giving, even if the total donations exceed your subscription level. Instead, we'll email your Organization Administrator recommending that you upgrade.
Payment Processing Fees
Processing digital payments (credit cards, debit cards, and ACH bank transfers) always incurs a cost. We're able to offer a low rate with Stripe.
Stripe has no setup fees, no contracts, and no termination fees. However, some additional fees might apply in these cases (fees are in $USD):
United States Fees
The following Stripe fees are charged for US organizations:
- Credit & debit cards: 2.15% + $0.30 per transaction.
- ACH (bank transfer): $0.25 per transfer.
US card pricing includes all major card processors, including American Express.
For verified non-profits, the rates are:
- Canadian Visa and Mastercard: 2.2% + C$0.30 per transaction
- International Visa and MasterCard: 3.2% + C$0.30 per transaction
- American Express: 3.5% per transaction
While all major credit cards are supported for Canadian organizations, only a limited number of debit cards will work. For example, Visa Debit is supported, but Interac ATM cards or any card without a 3 or 4 digit CVC code will not.
The effective rate is the actual % you're paying for payment processing. This includes the % as well as the $0.30 transaction fee.
For example: If a donor in the United States in gives $10 with a card, their processing fees will be $0.52 (2.15% + $0.30 rounded up to the nearest cent). For this donation, the effective rate will be 5.2%.
This means you will see higher effective rates when donors give with a card (especially for small donations), and effective rates will be lower when donors give using ACH.
Your processing fees do not change, but the percentage rate for each donation will change, depending on the amount of each donation and the payment method chosen.